woah- where to start? i'm not much of a holiday observer. every single day is pretty much as arbitrary as the next... until you start throwing words like "Broad Street Run" and "Boston Marathon" and "Antigua Classics" around.... and then we have a horse of an entirely different color. And obviously my birthday is an international day of revelry, it being "Patriots" day and all. My relations really cared a great deal about the American Revolution, I'm sure, whilst they were tending to their vineyards in southern Italy.
but I've been invited to partake in some corned beef and cabbage tonight after boxing, so i'll happily arrive libations in one hand, and Owen in the next. I also realize I've forgotten to wear green.
Regardless of times, dates, and anniversaries, March 17th is one day that I will not soon forget. It was day one of a very long and uphill journey towards living pain-free, being re-mobile, and living a life of happiness and ease. It was a time I made some intense discoveries (for example: is it possible to pick your eyeballs and lower jaw up off the floor when you're stuck in a hospital bed and cannot move? and exactly what type of appetizers Zen Gardens in Dominica serves their guests for dinner) mostly stuff that will never matter- 365 days later, I'm still climbing the ladder and preparing for Broad Street- as I have every year for the past 10. Looking forward to returning to that lush green grass behind the stadium, and sprinting south for a brief ten miles with the sun and a smile on my face the entire way down. There will be special people at the finish line this year- like my first BSR.... and as always, there will be a great party later on in the day. but this year we'll have completely different reasons to celebrate. and May 3rd, all are invited.
No comments:
Post a Comment