We had a little family trip to Boston this weekend so the indomitable Ti Team could finish up some last minute requirements for the Halifax race. Nattie and Bowen had some coursework to do, and I was just thankful I wasn't required to attend. The ladies half of the consortium ventured off in all parts out of doors where fresh air, shopping, and starbucks drinking could be readily achieved. While it was unreasonably gusty and cold as a.... something very frigid, we certainly made the rounds and great feats were accomplished with Little Dude bundled up, and happily enjoying being squired around by two fine ladyfolk.
eventually something happened. that left from Hereford to Boyleston. trotting along with Owen in the lead, and headed straight for the library, there it was. The finish of the start of the finish. Getting into Boston is hard work. if you're a serious recreational runner, one might say it's considered their life's work. and it was mine. My application was in. I had my number. it was all there in front of my eyes being handed to me by someone in white gloves on a silver platter. I could already taste that beautiful BAA medal. Aaaand then boom. Gone. So the irony of holding Owen over the finish line was not lost. And then the boys picked us up, we had a wonderful dinner, laughs were had, and everything was perfect.


No comments:
Post a Comment