That awkward moment when you think you're considering a Hal Higdon training plan, but it turns out to be Amby Burfoot and Bart Yasso.... which I would have known had I opened up the no less than 394872394872938742094812093 emails Runners World sends imploring me to buy their latest (3 years ago) marathon themed literary masterpiece. I bought this book when it first came out, and yet- that is still not enough for the powers that be. they want me to own.... six, i'm thinking.
i selected an intermediate schedule after convincing my ego that I in no way have the mileage inside of me for an advanced program. i can peak at 55 miles easy. I can't peak at 70 miles, with sustained 50 + mile weeks before and after. hats off to those who can, though. i salute you.
Owen's been coming with me on all my runs. i've decided to train for this race by pushing him the entire way. and on race day, run alone. i hate to make a claim so bold as to say i'm out for a BQ, but really I am. I fell pregnant with Owen literally the same week I got into Boston, so i've been on the warpath since, and can rest easy once i take care of unfinished business.
i've been too exhausted/busy/lazy to chronicle my fall running pursuits, but that's what i've been doing instead of keeping everyone up to date on our activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment